Sunday, January 3, 2010

3/1/10 - Jeffrey Archer - A Prisoner of Birth

OK OK - I know he is a jumped up tory prick who went to prison for being a jumped up tory prick or something - but I have actually always rather liked his books. This one is about a poor illiterate East End man improperly imprisoned for killing his best friend - while the upper-class twat who really did it walks free. It is about his education within, and escape from prison followed by his revenge - along with his redemption. Not 'High Literature' obviously. A simple formula, Count of Monte Christo is even repeatedly mentioned in the book. But I did get sucked into it and want our hero Danny to win all his little battles - which of course he did. So engrossing, an easy and quick read - but not one that will dwell with me past the end of today I doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment